It’s time for practical, more circular action
The circular economy is fast becoming a much-talked about topic which is the result of the momentum it has gained over the last few years through early pioneers.
It’s now time for action!
Impact of a wasteful global society
It is now critical that collective action is taken globally to become more resource efficient and find innovative solutions to combat the global resource crisis.
- Increased demand and supply risks – while resources are diminishing, global supplies are facing greater challenges through increased demand for limited materials.
- Wasted resources –precious materials and re-useable products are being wasted in landfill sites.
- Products produced with a limited life e.g. fast fashion and non-repairable electrical goods, together with damaged returned goods or faulty goods are increasing the waste sent to landfill.
- Lack of information within the supply chain – to be able to resolve resource issues.
- Consumer behaviour – while some are demanding more reliable and better quality products through increased awareness, others lack the knowledge about the impact of their wasteful behaviour or how to change.
Solution – transforming global markets
Ensuring you follow a rigorous resource efficient business model (REBM) process is essential to ensure you develop a successful REBM which is right for your business and its market.
How REBus can make a difference
REBus was set up to test the methodology in practical, real-life situations by suppliers and procurers in the UK and the Netherlands.
By sharing the lessons learned from the 30 pilot projects, it is hoped that businesses and organisations will be inspired to take action by adopting REBMs and contributing to a more circular economy.
Please use this practical REBMs website resource to guide you through your own REBMs journey.